Important Things to Know Before Getting Dental Veneers
What Are Dental Veneers?
They are tooth-shaped, tooth-colored porcelain shells that repair and restore teeth. Dentists use dental veneers in cosmetic dentistry to improve teeth’ appearance. At Rifle Dental Care, we use dental veneers to correct a plethora of dental flaws, including the following:
- Crooked teeth
- Small spaces between teeth
- Usually short teeth
- Oddly shaped teeth
- Stained and yellowed teeth
- Chipped, cracked, and broken teeth
Unknown Fast Facts About Veneers
Even though dental veneers are very popular today, few people know enough about them. Some of the facts about veneer teeth you should know before getting them are:
- They only cover the front side of teeth – dental veneers are different from dental crowns. They will mask your flaws from the front side only. The area behind your teeth will remain as it is.
- They are not removable – the only way to remove dental veneers is by visiting your dentist. Porcelain dental veneers are not for snapping in and out when you want.
- You cannot whiten them – if you stain your porcelain veneers, the dentist in Rifle, CO, cannot bleach them to improve their color. Therefore, you must be adamant about employing dental care measures for sustaining white teeth, including working on attaining excellent oral hygiene. Therefore, you should consider whitening your natural teeth before getting dental veneers.
- Not all veneers feature porcelain material – even though porcelain is the most common material for creating dental veneers, it is not the only. Other materials for your veneer teeth are E-max, zirconia, Lumineers, and composite resin.
- Standard dental veneers require two separate dental visits – the initial visit will only be about preparing your natural teeth to receive the veneers. Afterward, the dentist will take impressions of your teeth to create your new teeth. The second visit entails the installation of the oral veneers.
- They are irreversible – once you get dental veneers, there is no going back. The process entails trimming your teeth’ enamel from the front side to make room for the porcelain shell. If you want to remove dental veneers, you will need new ones or get dental crowns instead.
- You can get same-day dental veneers – if you do not want to wait to get your dental veneers, you can opt for same-day dental crowns. They feature other materials other than porcelain. Their creation and installation are computerized, so the process is complete within one dental sitting.
- Dental veneers are fragile – even though some materials are very sturdy for dental restorations, nothing matches the strength of natural teeth. Some of the cases that emergency dentists near you handle regard broken or missing dental veneers. Therefore, once you get dental veneers, be intentional in caring for your oral cavity to avoid fractures and other dental problems.
- Dental veneers are not for everyone – as versatile as they are, dental veneers cannot fix all dental problems. For instance, braces correct large spaces between teeth.
Should You Get Dental Veneers?
You should consider dental veneers as the top dental restorations if you are looking for a solution to improve your smile’s appearance. They offer several benefits to your oral health, including the following:
- They are durable – porcelain dental veneers can last up to 20 years if you can for your teeth well post-treatment. Other materials last between 5 – 15 years.
- They are versatile – getting veneer teeth can transform your teeth on many fronts, including the shapes, colors, and sizes.
- They are natural-looking – dental veneers look like real teeth. Unless you check behind your teeth, no one can be able to tell your veneer teeth apart from your real ones.
- They are not as invasive as dental crowns – since they do not encapsulate an entire tooth, veneers are less invasive than teeth crowns.
- They elevate your aesthetics immediately – you should seriously consider getting dental veneers for all your front teeth if you want a confidence boost.